The recent warm weather has created poor ice conditions and the safety of our guests is our top priority.
Skate the Lake 2016 has been cancelled.
Youth Pond Hockey has been cancelled for 2017
Evergreen Lake Plunge has been postponed until Feb 12th.
These events are significant fundraisers for DRIVE SMART’s programs. Your consideration to support DRIVE SMART is appreciated DONATE HERE.
We will see you for Skate the Lake in 2017
Evergreen Lake was recognized by CNN: 10 of the world’s most beautiful ice skating rinks
Evergreen Lake was chosen as one of the Top 10 Skating Rinks in the US by Sunset Magazine.
- 8 & Under
- 10 & Under
- 12 & Under
- 14 & Under
Pond Hockey Videos
Contact the Drive Smart office at 303-674-9683 if you have additional questions.
Pond Hockey Rules
- All players are required to wear full hockey equipment, consistent with USA Hockey regulations, including helmet, mouth guard, hockey gloves, elbow pads, shin pads, hockey pants/breezers and cup.
- Players may only play on one team. Players cannot play for multiple teams in multiple divisions.
- All teams must have home (white or light) and away (dark) jerseys.
- Minimum number of players on a team is 4. Teams must have 4 players at the start of each game.
- Teams need to be ready to play at their designated start time; if a team does not have four (4) players ready to play, they will be penalized 1 goal for every 2 minutes the game starts late.
- There will be no offside or icing.
- Any major infractions called will result in ejection from the tournament with no replacement.
- Fighting is strictly prohibited. Any player that fights will be ejected from the tournament with no replacement.
- There will be no checking or body contact. A minor penalty or ejection for major infraction will result if the referee deems it serious enough.
- There will be no slap shots. If the stick comes above the knee in a slap shot motion it will be deemed a slap shot and result in a goal for the non-offending team plus change of puck possession.
- There will be no raising the puck above the knees; pucks that are intentionally raised above the knees will result in a change of puck possession.
- Making contact with the puck using your stick above the waist will result in a change of puck possession.
- There will be no goalies or use of goaltending equipment.
- A player may not lay his/her stick, drop to their knees or lay on the ice to protect the goal. Players must remain on their skates in front of goal. No more than one player can occupy the space in front of the net. A goal for the non-offending team and change of puck possession will result for violations of this rule.
- If the puck goes out of the playing area, possession will be given to the non-offending team at the point where the puck went out. The defending team must provide two stick lengths to their opponent upon re-entry and play must start immediately. Players are expected to make the call on who last touched the puck before leaving the rink. In the event of a disagreement, the referee will make the final determination.
- All decisions of the referees are final. If any player argues with the referee, at the referee’s discretion a goal and puck possession will be awarded to the non-offending team.
- Prior to every game, teams may be asked to scrape the rink.
- This tournament is a 4 on 4 round robin event. Rink dimensions for games will vary between the various rinks Evergreen Park & Recreation District has cleared on Evergreen Lake.
- Each team will play at least three round robin games within their division.
- All games are 30 minutes in length, running time, with no halves or periods.
*THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR(S) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE ANY DECISIONS REGARDING TOURNAMENT RULES, FORMAT, ETC. FOR THE OVERALL GOOD OF THE EVENT.